Role: Content Executive (Social Media)
Location: Hybrid - from home and Westminster, London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5.30pm
Start date: ASAP from June 2023
Contract length: Permanent
Reporting to: Director of Development
Salary: Up to £26,000 pa
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include your reasons for applying, some examples of your social media work, and explain how you meet the person specification.
Please also provide the names of two referees who we can approach. We will not approach your referrees without informing you first.
Please put the job title in the subject of your email.
About Best for Britain
Best for Britain is the UK's leading advocacy group upholding internationalist values. We're fighting to build close ties with Europe and the rest of the world, as well as promoting democratic values at home. We take pride in our all-party approach to political campaigning and the leading market research and polling that we produce. We are seeking someone as passionate about international cooperation as we are to join our social media team.
Do you love social media? Spend hours scrolling on TikTok? Know the newest platforms and trends before anyone else? We want to hear from you!
We're looking for a political animal that understands how social media works and why it's such a fantastic tool for driving change. In this role, you'll be working closely with people across the organisation to maximise opportunities for engagement and find those viral moments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching, sourcing and producing content for the organisation's social media channels on Twitter, Mastodon, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin and YouTube
- Creating video, editorial and graphic material that supports the organisation's goals
- Supporting the production of live events and streams
- Helping to report on results and tailoring content strategies based on findings
- Producing social listening reports using our social media scheduling and reporting platform
- Assisting with paid campaign production, from creating audiences to building ad sets and delivering optimisations
- A political animal
- Creativity and flair
- 1 year+ of hands-on agency or in-house experience managing social platforms and scheduling content
- Experience producing organic content for TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and YouTube
- Experience creating graphics and videos for social media
- Resilient and able to thrive in high-pressure and time-sensitive scenarios
- Highly trustworthy and discreet
- A genuine passion for data and analytics to help the team understand whether a campaign is working and how to improve its performance
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently. Proactive in coming up with creative ideas and following them through
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Experience in video editing software (such as Premiere Rush, Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro)
- Experience in the Adobe suite of products (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Understanding of how to build digital ad campaigns, such as on Meta and Google Ads, and experience with remarketing and audience creation
- Understanding of how an online ad campaign should develop over time; ability to analyse results; and optimisation of assets and delivery for best performance
- Understanding of using Google Analytics to provide insight to other teams in the organisation
- Experience using social media scheduling, listening and reporting tools
Best for Britain is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we believe that this makes us a dynamic and effective organisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, class or any other protected characteristic.
Our roles and culture are inclusive and we can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have any particular requirements, do get in touch.