Major research by Best for Britain in conjunction with Hope Not Hate shows monumental shift in public opinion against Brexit.
This research was based on YouGov polling of a total of 15,000 people across June and July, before and after the Chequers deal. (26th - 31st July & 28th June - 6th July)
- Huge shift in number of constituencies that are majority remain, with 112 switching from leave to remain
- Michael Gove, Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg would all see their constituencies swing to remain
- Analysis shows there are now 341 constituencies with a majority to remain in the EU and only 291 with a leave majority.
- Nearly half of English constituencies would now vote remain, with 97 switching. 257 of 533 English constituencies would now vote to stay.
- All Scottish constituencies would vote to stay and 25 out of 40 in Wales – an incredible increase of 14.
Best for Britain have joined forces with Hope Not Hate to produce the first full analysis of changing attitudes on Brexit at a constituency-by-constituency level in the UK.