- Role: Head of Press / Senior Press Manager (based on experience)
- Location: From home and/or Westminster, London
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5.30pm)
- Start date: April 2021
- Contract length: Permanent
- Reporting to: CEO
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000pa, depending on experience
- Closing date: Midday Friday 2nd April (interviews may take place before the closing date)
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Cary Mitchell at [email protected]
Include your reasons for applying, and explain how you meet the person specification, below.
Please put the job title in the subject of your email.
About Best for Britain
Best for Britain promotes the best social, economic, environmental, and democratic outcomes for the British people. We believe this requires re-engagement with Europe, open, internationalist policies, and cooperation with business, all parties in parliament, and like-minded groups. We take pride in our all-party approach to political campaigning and the leading market research and polling that we produce. Our work is more vital than ever before as the UK deals with the double challenges posed by Coronavirus and life outside the EU.
We are looking for a confident and effective press and media lead to help us achieve our campaign goals through press and media engagement and exposure. The role will involve converting campaign objectives into press strategies and using your excellent communications skills to make complex, unfamiliar concepts and data into simple and understandable messages. It will suit someone with excellent links to Westminster stakeholders who wants to be in the midst of the political action and has a keen eye for what's on the horizon.
We are equally open to offering the role to an experienced Head of Press who has experience leading press and communications strategies for an organisation, or to a Press Manager who is ready to take on more responsibility and is willing to build their skills with us.
- Daily news briefings to team.
- Grid management; political horizon scanning.
- Writing and executing communications strategies.
- Creating and maintaining a list of media contacts in Westminster and Brussels; liaising with contacts to ensure positive coverage for Best for Britain campaigns.
- Writing and distributing press releases (proactive and reactive).
- Writing speeches and op-eds to provide thought-leadership.
- Organising press at major events (individually and with partners).
- Providing press support to internal and external stakeholders (e.g organising broadcast interviews for the CEO, MPs and providing briefing notes ahead of scheduled appearances).
- Providing messaging support across various teams (social media - all platforms, fundraising, campaigns).
- Managing a Press Intern
- Proven commitment to BFB's mission
- Confident communicator, at ease handling complex data sets
- Strong connections within the lobby and with other relevant media
- Comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrates sound political judgement
- High level of discretion and willingness to take on responsibility
- Able to work within a team to achieve organisational priorities
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to Cary Mitchell at [email protected] before midday Friday 2nd April 2021. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please include your reasons for applying, and explain how you meet the person specification. Please also provide the names of two referees who we can approach if your application is successful.
Interviews may take place before the closing date, and we may decide to appoint a successful candidate ASAP.
Best for Britain is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we believe that this makes us a dynamic and effective organisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, class or any other protected characteristic.
Our roles and culture are inclusive and we can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have any particular requirements, do get in touch.