Role: Social Media and Content Officer
Location: From home or Westminster, London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5.30pm
Start date: February 2021
Contract length: Three months, with the potential for renewal on a permanent basis
Reporting to: Social Media and Content Manager
Salary: Up to £25,500 pa
Closing date: Midday, Friday 22nd January
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Cary Mitchell at email@example.com
Include your reasons for applying, and explain how you meet the person specification, below.
Please put the job title in the subject of your email.
About Best for Britain
Best for Britain is working to keep the UK closely aligned to Europe and to provide scrutiny of Government and Parliament as the UK navigates its post-Brexit role in the world. Our team comprises people from all political parties and none. We take pride in our all-party approach to political campaigning and the leading market research and polling that we produce. Our work is more vital than ever before as the UK deals with the double challenges posed by Coronavirus and life outside the EU. We are seeking someone as passionate about international co-operation as we are to lead the Best for Britain social media team.
In this role you will work closely with the Social Media & Content Manager to create and manage paid and organic social media content against organisational goals and KPIs. The role is fast-paced, changeable and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. Your primary responsibilities will be day-to-day management of the organisation’s paid social media ad accounts; researching and sourcing new organic content; and generating original material that supports the organisation's goals. You will work closely with the press and campaigns team, to maximise opportunities for engagement and find those viral moments.
This role will suit someone who is able to get involved with other aspects of a political campaigning organisation from time-to-time.
- Helping shape Best for Britain’s social vision & strategy
- Day to day management of paid and organic social media channels
- Assist in developing an assessment criteria and KPIs for the the success of ad campaigns
- Build intuitive new audiences to allow our campaigns to reach target demographics
- Manage and oversee the social media content calendar
- 1.5+ years of hands-on agency or in-house experience managing social platforms and scheduling content
- Unswerving commitment to Britain’s close relationship with Europe
- Organised yet creative
- Highly trustworthy and discreet
- A passion for data and analytics to help the team understand whether a campaign is working and how to improve its performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently. Proactive in coming up with ideas and following them through.
- Proficient in Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro (with After Effects experience desirable), or a willingness to learn outside of work hours.
- Excellent experience producing organic content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Proficient in building ad campaigns for Facebook, Instagram and Google Ads and experience with remarketing and audience creation
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator for the creation of social media content, or a willingness to learn outside of work hours
- Experience in content creation and building a following on Snapchat and TikTok.
- Understanding of using Google Analytics to provide insight to other teams in the organisation
- Understanding of and interest in UK politics
- Experience working in occasionally high-pressure and time-sensitive scenarios
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to Cary Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org before midday Friday 22nd January 2021. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please include your reasons for applying, and explain how you meet the person specification. Please also provide the names of two referees who we can approach.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 25th January via Zoom.
Best for Britain is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we believe that this makes us a dynamic and effective organisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, class or any other protected characteristic.
Our roles and culture are inclusive and we can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have any particular requirements, do get in touch.