- Best for Britain Limited – which is primarily known as Best For Britain - (“Best For Britain”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates Bestforbritain.org as well as any and all subdomains, and any and all Best For Britain controlled domains using the related names (the “Sites”) on which services are made available from the Sites to run our campaigns (the “Services”).
The Sites and our Services are operated by Best for Britain, registered office address is International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN. We operate the Sites under the following campaign names:
- In addition to these Terms, your use of the certain parts of the Sites may be subject to other terms and conditions that will be notified to you from time to time.
- We want to provide you with an excellent user experience when you use the Sites. If you have any questions or queries about the Sites or these Terms we would be delighted to help. Please contact us by using the details at the end of these Terms.
2. Acceptance of our terms
By using the Sites, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms you must not use the Sites.
3. Our right to amend these terms
- We reserve the right to change, modify, add to, or delete portions of these Terms at any time including to reflect changes affecting the Sites, our technology, relevant laws and/or regulatory requirements.
- If we do change these Terms, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate the effective date at the top. We may also communicate changes to you by email (where we have this information).
- You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Sites after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) the Terms as amended, please do not use the Sites.
4. Your access and use of the Sites
- Access to the Sites is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Sites without notice.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access the Sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the Sites through your internet connection are aware of these Terms.
You must not:
- interfere with, or disrupt, the Sites or any servers or networks connected to the Sites, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, malware, spyware or any other code of a destructive, malicious or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any page of the Sites is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device;
- access the Sites via a means not authorised in writing in advance by us, including but not limited to, automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies);
- attempt to restrict another user of the Sites from using or enjoying the Sites and you must not encourage or facilitate the breach of these Terms by others;
- use the Sites for any illegal or unauthorised purpose; or
- change, modify, adapt or alter the Sites or change, modify or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with the Sites or with us.
5. Availability of the Sites
You acknowledge that the Sites are provided “AS IS” and we cannot guarantee that the Sites will:
- stay the same (as we might change the Sites or remove altogether);
- be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use;
- be available all the time or at any specific time;
- be accurate, reliable or up-to-date; or
- be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly.
- You also acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the performance or security of the Sites. In particular, we will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to the Sites to the fullest extent permissible by law.
6. Your privacy and cookies
7. Content available through the Sites
Restriction on use - You must not:
- use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content from the Sites except in cases where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written agreement with us that expressly permits such activity;
- use the content for any illegal or unauthorised purpose;
- use, reproduce, modify, edit, mix or remix, apply any voiceover or commentary, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit the content in any way for your commercial gain. 'Commercial gain' may include any activity attracting any advertising revenue or subscription payments on distribution of or access to our content, or by reducing the need for any third party to subscribe to view our content directly; or
- use content in any way that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in any manner that will violate the privacy, publicity or personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful material including without limitation using Website or any content in connection or association with any obscene, defamatory, illegal, pornographic material or in relation to products and services that relate to firearms, gambling, pharmaceuticals, pornography or tobacco or otherwise than in accordance with normal standards of decency.
- Modification. You acknowledge that we may add, remove or otherwise modify content at any time without notice.
- Non-reliance. Content made available through the Sites is for general information purposes only and is not intended to meet your particular requirements. Commentary and other materials posted through Sites are not intended to amount to advice, recommendation or endorsement on which reliance should be placed.
8. Intellectual property in the Sites and the Content
- The design of the Sites, the content and all software contained within the Sites are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws.
- Neither the design of the Sites nor the content may be copied, recorded, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without our prior written consent except as otherwise permitted in these Terms.
Further, you must not:
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice or other proprietary notice contained in the Sites and/or content; or
- use any content in any manner that may infringe any of our rights or the rights of a third party.
9. Linking to our website
We will permit you to link to the home page of the Sites provided you comply with the following:
- you only do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not take advantage of or damage our reputation;
- you do not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by us unless we have otherwise permitted; and
- you do not link to any other page of the Sites other than the home page.
- We reserve our right to withdraw our permission to link in section 9.1 at any time without notice.
- You may not frame or embed any page or part of a page of the Sites or the content on any third party website without our prior written consent.
10. If you breach these terms
If you do not follow, or we suspect you are not following, these Terms then we may take any/all of the following actions:
- issue a warning to you;
- ban you, either temporarily or permanently, from accessing the Sites;
- take legal action against you; and/or
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- The responses described above at section 10.1 are not limited and we may take any other actions we reasonably deem appropriate.
We have the right to terminate your access to the Sites at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms. We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the Sites or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Sites.
12. Warranties, disclaimer and limitation on liability
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT SETS OUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND YOUR LIABILITY TO US:
- We will endeavour to provide the Sites and publish content with reasonable skill and care and will use reasonable efforts to promptly remedy any fault of which we are aware.
- Other than as expressly set out in section 12.1, the Sites are provided without any representation or endorsement made and without further warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Third Party Content Disclaimer
- The Sites may contain content, the intellectual property rights in which belong to a third party (“Third Party Content”). We give no warranties, representations or undertakings in respect of any Third Party Content that are made available on the Sites. Further the views and advice contained in any Third Party Content are those of the relevant third party and not us. Accordingly we do not take any responsibility for any views or advice contained in such Third Party Content.
Our liability to you
We will not be liable under these Terms for any loss or damage caused by us or any of our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- there has been no breach of a legal duty of care which is owed by us or any of our employees or agents; and/or
- the loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any breach of these Terms.
- You agree you will have no claim against us, in respect of any decision to remove the Sites or any decision to suspend or terminate your access to the Sites.
- In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, the use by you of the Sites is entirely at your risk.
- We will not be liable under these Terms for any loss or damage caused by us or any of our employees or agents in circumstances where:
Your liability to us
- You will be responsible for all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by us as a result of your breach of these Terms or default in the discharge of your obligations.
- Nothing in this section 12 shall have the effect of excluding or limiting our liability or your liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our/your negligence (as applicable).
13. Links to third party websites
The Sites may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such websites. We recommend you review those websites’ terms and conditions and privacy policies to ensure you are happy to use them.
If any of these Terms should be found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such term shall be removed and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding on and enforceable by both of us.
15. Third party rights
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms but this section does not affect a right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
16. Governing law
- These Terms and the use of the Sites generally and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. Contact Us
If you have any suggestions for improvements or additions that you would like to see on the Sites, please:
- send an email to us firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- tweet us at https://twitter.com/BestForBritain; or
- facebook us at https://www.facebook.com/BestForBritain/
- Should you have a more formal enquiry or complaint about the Sites (including any content), you should contact our team at email@example.com and we will try to answer your enquiry or resolve any complaint as soon as possible.
Terms updated September 2020