Role: Video Content Officer
Location: Westminster, London. Hybrid working available.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5.30pm
Start date: September/October 2022
Contract length: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Digital
Salary: Up to £24,000K pa
Closing date: 31st August 2022
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you meet the person specification along with your CV and portfolio to Julia Meadon at [email protected] by midday on 31st August 2022.
Please also provide the names of two referees who we can approach. We will not approach your referrees without informing you first.
Interviews may take place before the closing date, and we may decide to appoint a successful candidate ASAP.
Please put the job title in the subject of your email.
About Best for Britain
Best for Britain is the UK's leading nonpartisan advocacy group upholding internationalist values. We're fighting to build close ties with Europe and the rest of the world, as well as promoting democratic values at home. We take pride in our all-party approach to political campaigning and the leading market research and polling that we produce. We are seeking someone as passionate about international cooperation as we are to join our digital team.
In this role you will work closely with the Head of Digital to create video content for our digital channels against organisational goals and KPIs. The role is fast-paced, changeable and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. This is an entry-level role: we're looking for someone with a passion for politics, video and social media.
You will work closely with the press, political and campaigns teams, to maximise opportunities for content creation and find those viral moments. This role will suit someone who is able to get involved with other aspects of a political campaigning organisation from time-to-time.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Storyboarding, shooting and editing a wide range of video content, including short-form TikToks and Reels; event promotion; longer-form documentary-style videos; digital ads
- Management and oversight of the production of live events and streams
- Reporting on results and tailoring video strategies based on findings
- Having a finger on the pulse of the latest trends and viral content
- A political animal with an appetite for news
- Experience with various aspects of video content creation, from storyboarding; to the capture of video, audio and lighting techniques; to editing
- Be comfortable working through the edit pipeline from ingesting and transcoding footage, making selects, final edits, sound design, colour correction, exporting and compression
- Display creative flare but also understand the importance of adhering to brand guidelines
- Proficient in Adobe suite or similar editing software
- Portfolio demonstrating videography, editing and photography
- Experience managing livestreams on social media or other live broadcast scenarios
- Experience working in high-pressure and time-sensitive scenarios and creating content within set timelines and budgets
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A love for visual storytelling
- Able to take initiative and work independently. Proactive in coming up with ideas and following them through
- Technically minded: able to confidently use and maintain production equipment
- Eligible to work in the UK
Not Essential / Desirable
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Scripting and interviewing skills
- Experience shooting live events
- Experience using social media listening and reporting tools
- Experience managing social media channels such as YouTube, TikTok and Instagram
- Podcast, radio or other audio-only format experience
- Ability to investigate and develop new production methods
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to Julia Meadon at email@example.com by midday on 31st August 2022. Please include your reasons for applying, your portfolio, and explain how you meet the person specification.
Best for Britain is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we believe that this makes us a dynamic and effective organisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, class or any other protected characteristic.
Our roles and culture are inclusive and we can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have any particular requirements, do get in touch.
Any questions? Get in touch with Julia Meadon at [email protected]