Role: Communities & Campaigns Manager
Location: Hybrid - from home and Westminster, London
Hours: Full-Time, 9am - 5.30pm
Start date: August/September 2021
Contract length: Permanent
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Salary: £35,000 p.a.
Closing date: 12th August 2022
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you meet the person specification along with your CV to Cary Mitchell at [email protected] by midday on 12th August 2022.
Please also provide the names of two referees who we can approach. We will not approach your referrees without informing you first.
Interviews may take place before the closing date, and we may decide to appoint a successful candidate ASAP.
Please put the job title in the subject of your email.
About Best for Britain
Best for Britain is the UK's leading cross-party advocacy group upholding internationalist values. We're fighting to build close ties with Europe and the rest of the world, as well as promoting democratic values at home. We take pride in our nonpartisan approach to political campaigning and the leading market research and polling that we produce.
We are looking for someone to take on day-to-day responsibility for our campaigns output and supporter engagement. The role is fast-paced, changeable and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role will suit someone with particularly strong written communication skills, who is comfortable producing written work to a tight timeframe.
Working closely with the Director of Operations, you will have responsibility for planning, and implementing Best for Britain’s supporter engagement and supporter recruitment journeys. Using Nationbuilder and our range of other digital campaigning tools, including our bespoke Hey-MP.uk, you will build effective campaign strategies and actions that allow us to meet our recruitment and fundraising goals and which drive us towards our political, legislative and electoral aims.
An important part of your work will be planning the supporter user journey to turn supporters into actively-engaged campaigners and donors. You will use your political senses, understanding and experience of what motivates and drives people and experience of and strong persuasive writing skills are a must.
Campaigns you create and manage will influence policy change in government and within Opposition parties, secure amendments to legislation, affect the outcome of votes in Parliament and will influence the results of the next General Election.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Managing and updating the Best for Britain website.
- Managing and maintaining the supporter database using Nationbuilder.
- Planning campaign strategies to achieve Best for Britain’s objectives.
- Bringing experience and innovation to creating supporter journeys which efficiently and effectively convert supporters into activists and donors.
- Communicating with supporters through mass-marketing campaign emails.
- Working across the organisation to understand all areas of our work and identify ways to use output and insight from across the team in our campaigns.
- Working closely with the Philanthropy and Development team to integrate fundraising strategies into supporter engagement.
- Assisting other areas of the organisation with advice and support on campaigning and supporter engagement.
- Developing and tracking suitable KPIs and progress measures.
- Intellectual curiosity
- At least 2 years experience in a campaigning role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, can produce written work to a high standard on a tight deadline
- Experience with a range of communication styles and mediums.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently. Proactive in coming up with ideas and following them through
- Understanding of and interest in UK politics
- Strong administrative and IT skills
- Respect for sensitive and confidential information
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Affinity with Best for Britain’s values and objectives.
- Experience of using Nationbuilder or a similar CRM or mailing platform (eg. Mailchimp, etc) to communicate with a large database and create web content.
- Experience working in occasionally high-pressure and time-sensitive scenarios
- Basic HTML coding
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to Cary Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on 12th August 2022. Please include your reasons for applying, and explain how you meet the person specification.
Best for Britain is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we believe that this makes us a dynamic and effective organisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, class or any other protected characteristic.
Our roles and culture are inclusive and we can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have any particular requirements, do get in touch.