The long-awaited Sue Gray report into the Partygate scandal has been published today.
The report, which includes a number of photographs of the Prime Minister seemingly breaking Covid rules himself, found that:
- Covid rules were broken at number of parties in Downing Street
- Some parties were planned days in advance and even after warnings of a 'substantial comms risk'
- One event which finished after 3am involved a fight and one attendee being sick. At another, attendees had use of a karaoke machine
- Security and custodial staff were treated poorly and with a lack of respect
- Staff uncomfortable with the rule-breaking felt unable to raise their concerns
- Senior leadership at Number 10 were responsible for the culture of rule-breaking
In response, Naomi Smith, CEO of Better Democracy campaign group Best for Britain, said
"If it wasn’t clear from the spiralling cost of living crisis, his shambolic Brexit deal, his tax hikes on working people or his confirmed criminality, this report spells out in black and white and with colour photos why Boris Johnson has no business being Prime Minister.
“He is a man without honesty, integrity or respect for the law who will continue to transform Whitehall in his image for as long as he is allowed to cling to power. If Conservative MPs do not remove him, the British people must at the next election.”